Monday 25 July 2016

Changing needles

I knit a fair bit on Onerva this weekend.  It is coming along nicely.

 I wanted to see how large it was but that was almost impossible on the 32 inch needle I had it on.  So off it went to the 60 incher I had in my needle arsenal.

 When I first started buying really good needles, I thought that if I bought one long needle, I would have something that would work no matter what I was working on. Bahahahaha.  We all know how that goes.

The 60 inch needle tells me that this shawl is not quite so wide as I had hoped.  I am not a tall person so that wingspan is not so wide as some.  It is finger tip to finger tip before blocking and I know that it will grow a lot on blocking BUT...

The plan was that at the end of the first skein, I would start a second and start decreasing.  I do have a third so I have the option to use part of that too, but then I may end up with a shawl that is too large to wear.  This is just as bad and awkward as too small.

I have to decide on how wide I want it to be very shortly.




No matter what I do, this skein is quickly coming to an end.

Got to go.  I hear the pitter patter of little feet and that means Marcus thinks morning has arrived.  I guess it has!

No comments: