Tuesday 26 July 2016

Great Yarn

Every once in a while, you happen on a really different yarn, different in looks and different in quality.  It is what makes the quest for yarn an adventure.

My sister brought me this from Britian.  I think it was via the stash of my neice, who was, on this occasion, the bride.  I Knit or Dye from London

It says it is 100 percent merino, but I would like to meet these sheep.  This is, by far, the finest, most gloriously soft merino I have ever held.  I highly recommend your becoming acquainted with it.

The dye is interesting.  It's a speckled looking thing and I can't wait to see how it turns out!  I have seen some gorgeous things in yarns dyed like it.  For me, this is going to be something scarfy or cowly.  Cowl, most likely.  Wearing this buttery soft goodness is something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Mrs. Spit said...

Oddly enough, the most beautiful Leicester I have ever had the pleasure of knitting (it became a massively long scarf I knit forever) was purchased at this store. The store was lovely. The wool I bought superb. The owner was the most horrible man I've ever met. Rude and obnoxious to this poor novice knitter who just wanted to understand when you might use wood vs metal needles. So odd.