Wednesday 18 May 2016

Spinning Tuesday

I went spinning again yesterday.  I have my green fibre all used up and I am looking forward to plying it.  But not yet.

First I have some video to watch.  I have The Judith Mckenzie video, the Gentle Art of Plying. 
If you have ever seen Judith live, you know she has a lovely calmness about her, that will take away all your worries and stress about plying.   

I hope. 

I am going to have a little bit of a leap of faith to make.  This is going to be a 3 ply, and I am a little tense about making it all work. I have to remember to go slowly and take my time.  It's the only way my severely unskilled hands will end up with the yarn I hope to have at the end of it all.  
 But not today.  Today is for videos and preparing.  That is what today is for.

No comments: