Thursday 26 May 2016

It's a...

Since I seem to be in the mood for knitting everything but what I ought to be finishing, I started yet another new project.

This is the last project for others I will be doing for a while, but I have been looking forward to knitting this. I have been planning it for a couple of years.



It sure doesn't look like anything much, but this is a pretty good section of a sweater.  What you see, is half of the back of a most interesting sweater design by Joji Locatelli.  This is Pole and I am knitting it out of some truly lovely Madelinetosh in the colourway Curiosity.

I searched for this colourway for a long time.  It didn't take that long, but it did take several tries to find the right colour.  I have 2 other sweater quantities of Madelinetosh that were the wrong colour.  (Send the yarn back?  Not on your life) till I found this utterly perfect cross between lavender and gray. This is the sweater for my daughter in law Amy and it needed to be the perfect colour for her.

The pattern is her pick of pattern.  She fell in love with the sweep of collar and the way the sweater flows across the back of the this Locatelli design.  

It's lovely to work with yarn and an interesting, innovative pattern and it seems to be working up quickly.  All good things.

No comments: