Wednesday 11 May 2016

A Tale of Two Toes

The other thing I did the other day was finish up two first socks which meant that there was only one sock ready to knit at the drop of a hat.  This is almost an unbearable stress.

Socks have always been my go to, tag along project, my  don't feel like doing anything else and I have time to knit project, my everything I worked on today has a problem projects.  I need more socks on the needles.  Clearly.  Besides, one sock of each of two different pair, does not a wearable pair make, not when one is sized for a twenty year old with slender feet and my feet are very much older, wider and stumpier.

Yesterday at while waiting for an appointment, I started the first of two toes. Today, I finished it and did the other.





As you can see, this is a dark tale. 

I needed something light.  Plus, I had all these needles open, waiting to be used.










So, I took care of that and pulled up the box of sock yarns. And then I knit.




















 It's Arne and Carlos Regia Design Line which I picked up in Vernon at Twist of Yarn last summer.  I was having so much fun, that I had to force myself to stop. 

A striped yarn has an awful powerful spell.  A knitter must stay aware to the danger of knitting a whole sock just to watch the yarn.

And that is the tale of two toes.  Well three, if you are counting.

No comments: