Monday 21 March 2016

There is going to have to be a lot of knitting

There is going to have to be a lot of knitting to get this project done.  I busted my buns this weekend, well, only really on Sunday, and was very pleased with how far I got.

When we last saw it, the wrap was in the second part of the  6th pattern.

I moved well beyond that now.  Pattern 6 is complete.

I loved that pattern.  It was such a lovely thing to knit, even if I messed up the centre design.  I do think it works out rather well and looks very right as it is.  A good decision.

Also completed was pattern 7, a simple Band stitch pattern, similar in feel to the other band stitch, but different enough in construction that it gives another dimension to it.

As with the first time, this pattern drove me batty for no particular reason other than it did.  Just like the first time.  It may have something to do with the linear nature.  As you are working it, it is very easy to get confused between twisted stitch pairs and which one is supposed to be manipulated.  There needs to a lot of the pattern there before you can read the work well enough to see where you are.  This is very different than all the other stitch patterns and it is the reason the first band stitch pattern section was so small.  It is also the reason this section might be even smaller.

But things are looking up.  I have moved on to the second last pattern, Double Fish bones.

It doesn't look like much yet, but it is a much more fun to work thing than the band stitch, I tell you!
I am going to have to finish this pattern today if I am to make my goal of having this wrap completed by March 31.  And the last one tomorrow.  Before I start the edging.  Which I have no idea of how I am going to do it yet.

Flying by the seat of our pants. 


No comments: