Wednesday 30 March 2016

Crying Uncle

It's done.  I cannot knit on it anymore.

My left hand is killing me as it is the hand that seems to bear all the weight as I work.  There isn't that much weight really.  The vast majority of it is left flipped over my shoulder, but in it's tubular form, there is always some stress on the knitting as you go round and round till the tube is a tight twist.  That pull as it twists is what is causing the strain.  That is what makes sense to me anyway.

But my hand is killing me.  

The last panel isn't quite so long as I thought, but at the same time, when I take the wrap in it's unfinished form, it is plenty long for the way I want to wear it.  

Take those two things together and I am going to cry Uncle and call it good.  

The whole point of doing this wrap was to learn a new technique and I have done that. It isn't something that I will ever forget the intricacies of, nor will I forget the joy of those twisted patterns.  And, when Cassie climbed into it the other day, well, up sprang a whole new way to wear this project! It will stay a tube for a bit because that was just too charming.

I need socks.  Simple plain vanilla socks. It's my knitting and that is what I am going to do.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Wow. Being in Florida and taking forever to get caught up on blog reading means I did a double take when I started reading your post today. Did she move I thought. Anyway I read all the posts I had missed and see you did move. I hope all works out well for you.