Thursday 31 March 2016

Alrighty then

So, knitting is complete on the wrap, but what the heck am I going to do now?

I have a knitting retreat coming up this weekend and I want something that is knittable along with conversation yet socks seems so wrong somehow.  I am debating taking my spinning wheel, but to be honest my head isn't in it right now.  Once everything is settled perhaps, but not just yet.

Today, I think I will wind up the yarn for Pole for my daughter in law.  I want to get a good start on that and there is a good chunk of knitting to do on that that is pretty basic and simple.  

I have yarn set aside for a nice garter stitch thing, some truly lovely stuff a friend gave me from Shilasdair Yarn.

I have some new stuff from Custom Woollen Mills that I just love the colour of.  Its grey but soft and heathered and there is enough for an vest, which is perfect wear for this house.

I have some bright yellow Colour Adventure Yarn.  I have no idea what weight it is and no idea what I will do with it, but I love it just the same.

I have a taste of some Pima Cotton Silk left over from another projects.  It is just enough to make a top for a little dress for Cassie.  I have some very nice fabric that began life as a curtain that will coordinate with it perfectly.  

We shall see if my brain can decide before tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: