The other odd thing was that I misplaced the needle for Ripstick. It, the needle, being off till I start the neck edging, has gone on a bit of a wander and I am going to be a bit hard pressed till I find it, to finish. I can do sleeves because they need a shorter cable or dpns, so that will be my next step.
In the meantime, I picked up the other ball of my pretty stripey yarn, figuring to pop another Geek sock on my needles.
This is the photo on the original ball of yarn. I saw the colours and the strong contrasts and felt it would be perfect for Geek Socks. Only , now that I have knit a pair using the Geek Socks pattern, I know that it isn't. Not for a premium looking pair anyway.
I started the toe and knew pretty quickly that I completely loved what was happening. Hot pink and peppy orange are so right together.
With the subtle colour changes, I started to wonder if my geeky plans were right for the yarn.
Geek socks need at least 3 rows of solid colour to show off the very cool pattern. This yarn is showing more of a shifiting effect, where the colour seems to change subtly halfway through a row and then go back to the original colour. It looked more like the sort of thing you want when you are looking for a softer colour change.
I decided to knit a few rounds.
I don't think it is going to do it. Not for Geek Socks anyway. I pulled out a bunch more yarn to see what was coming down the pipes so to speak.
Sometimes you have to let the yarn speak it's piece.