Tuesday 6 October 2015

And elf was knitting my sweater.

We all know the story of the Elves and the Shoemaker, where the shoemaker cut out a pair of shoes and when he got up in the morning he found the pair of shoes sewn so beautifully that he was able to buy leather for 2 pairs of shoes.  

I picked up my Ripstick sweater and knit a couple of rows of its red rich wonderfulness, more to wake up than anything else.  I knew that I had added all the stitches I wanted, so it was nice peaceful knitting and without my little sock obsession, that peaceful knitting seemed exactly right.  It occurred to me that it was probably time to give it a try on.  

And lo and behold it was long enough, so I spent an hour knitting the slightly lowered back section and the 4 rows of bottom ribbing, and I was done.

I feel a little like the shoemaker this morning.  I thought there was a lot of work left on this sweater.  It feels like the elves have gone and knit it for me.  All that remains are the neck ribbing, and button bands.  And sleeves, but per pattern the sleeves are short.  This won't take long at all.

Pictures to tomorrow.  I won't take them in the early morning light.  Better in the full light of day so you can see how lovely this sweater is.   

In other news, Isaac has asked for a sweater just like Carter's.  
Once again, I don't have a good finished picture of this one.  I guess I am going to have to get his mommie to take one for me.  It really does look great.  Anyway, he asked for a sweater just like Carter's, in blue.  Nice and soft , he said.  Cozy is also of the utmost importance.

This works for me. Denim is the perfect colour for little boys and I really liked working with this soft cotton.  Plus I have thousands and thousands of metres to knit with.  Little boy things is the perfect way to use it!

No comments: