Thursday 10 September 2015

Between the naps

I woke yesterday with the intention of finishing the job of the day before, only that did not happen.  Things conspired against me and I slept a healthy portion of the day. I slept with knitting in my hands while sitting on my sofa.  I slept in front of the computer.  I was so sleepy.  I slept well the night before and slept very well last night too, even with all my many naps through the day.  I have a new mattress and everything is just a little different and I suspect that I am adjusting.

Thankfully I realized that my brain was not up to snuff, so I didn't work on Ripstick, which is at the point where I have to pay attention, and I did not do anything like starting mom's bolero.  

Rather, I dug in my bags and found the toe of a sock.  It was a toe I had started while traveling this summer.  I used the two yarns to make these previously.

I gave these away, and the original plan was to make another pair for myself.  But when I picked it up yesterday, I just was not thinking Ugly Duckling.  It is fun to knit, but I just wanted something different.

And so I went a Raveling....which as we all know, can take a long time. 

By the time I came up for air, a plan was at hand and this is what happened next.


They are the Broken Seed Stitch Socks.    Kind of neat, isn't it?

And that was my day.  Between the naps that is.  

No comments: