Wednesday 3 June 2015

That Pre-Sweater stage

You know that pre-sweater stage?  I am so there.


I am in that sleeve stage, right about where I am trying to figure out if I ought to have decreased faster, or if I should just accept what is.  There still is a good 5 or 6 inches to knit so plenty of time to decrease for sleeves.  I worry anyway, just because I can.  It's like running out of yarn, only about sleeves.

Seriously though, I ought to have done the math, but that would be too easy.  There is nothing like living dangerously.  Generally the fit is just right if I decrease slowly through the top half of the sleeve and then speed it up at the elbow.  It usually fits about right if I decrease every 5th or 6th and then every 3rd or 4th if it is a worsted or dk weight yarn.  

I did not get as much done as I had hoped too.  I spent the morning with my accountant, and had lunch with my daughter in law and my grandkids before coming home.  And then, I sat up late in the evening and knit and knit. 

Today is rife with errands but before I do that, I intend to do the really important things.  After a couple gray cool days, its bright and sunny. I mean to make the most of it and see coffee on the front porch playing a big part of my day!

No comments: