Wednesday 29 April 2015

Perception is everything.

I would like to shout out to the world, how can such a tiny sweater take so long to knit?

I worked on it all day yesterday and finished the front yoke.  Today I worked on it again, all day and got this far.

Though it doesn't look like it over on the far side by the needles, I have finished the decreases and am just knitting a straight tube.  Not too far to go on sleeve number two, but I think I am done on it for today.  

It isn't really fiddly but there is a lot of turning of the project on very short rows and that just seems to suck the life out of a day.  All those turns accumulate into a lot of time not knitting.  

I am sprinting to the end now though.  I have the entire body to knit but that is a quick pickup and knit me a tube and then add a navy garter stitch bottom.  I see the end but still...

Its feels like it is taking me a long time.

As consolation, I am knitting on the Wool Peddlers shawl.  That just sings along.  Its as fine a combination of yarn and needles as ever was.  And after a very few rows, you can see the hole forming in the ball and it just stands.  Its most rewarding because it takes very little knitting to make a large hole.  Reward for lots of turns.

Isn't it funny how perception affects what we are doing?

No comments: