Tuesday 28 April 2015

Whats this?

 It sure is the prettiest yarn.

It will be a sweater for my wee Marcus who is being baptised this weekend.  Or not.  Late breaking new is that once again, the baptism is being pushed off.  (This is the 4th time and it is courtesy of the people who do up visitor visas for people.  She applied months ago and she is a Ukrainian citizen who lives with her family in the US.  Her husband isn't able to come with her so the visa is only for her and their son.  She is to be Marcus's godmother, if the government will ever get the process done.)

The pattern I am using is Ysolda Teague's Wee Envelope.  I first heard about this pattern on the Knitmore Girls podcast and I agree.  Its a really cute pattern...

that is sized for DK weight yarn.  I am doing it in Alegria from Manos Del Uruguay and I am adding a little plain navy sock yarn for the edges and for the garter stitch cuffs and hems.

Its looking good so far, but once again, I am playing gauge games and we shall see how it turns out.  I think it will be ok and I have a backup dk weight just in case.  I have till Thursday to play with this before I have to make up my mind if it is working well enough to go on. (So it seems I have longer to work on it now, which is only great news as it relates to sweater knitting, not baby baptising.)

No comments: