Wednesday 4 February 2015

Posters!

I had lovely mail yesterday!

A friend is taking care of a collection of posters that were lovingly collected and she offered them to her friends on facebook.  
I fell in love with one but what with shipping costs, didn't think it would be mine.  But they sent it! So sweet of them.

 It's an old Smokey the Bear poster.  Really stunning.

 I wanted it for my bedroom where I have curtains, and a quilt top (which still needs quilting) that are flowery and springlike.

My plan was to put it into this frame.

but as things go, the poster is about an inch too short and about 2 inches narrower than this frame.  The length isn't a huge problem, but the width is a concern.  I haven't quite figured out how to deal with this yet.

I am going to see if I can find a frame that will fit it better, but that won't cost an arm and a leg. Failing that, I will figure out how best to display it in what I have.  

In any case, there is a great deal of fun stuff on my horizon,  but then isn't there always!

2 comments:

Sigrun said...

maybe all you need is appropriately sized mats. Hi, Denise.

Sel and Poivre said...

A framing shop can make a new mat for you at a fraction of the cost of a whole new custom frame! I don't know if you have Michael's craft stores in Alberta but they have great prices on mats and frames!