Thursday 8 January 2015

Getting to the last ball.

Right now, I am down to the last few inches of the second last ball.  The body of the sweater will use up the full part of this last ball ( I think, I haven't measured), well, body and button bands and then my last ball will be for sleeves.

Because I have only 1 ball for the sleeves and because I want to have the sleeves as long as possible, I will divide that last ball into two and will work till it is gone.  

I have enough Karuta to raise the neckline to where it wants to be.  

Next time I buy just enough yarn for a sweater, I am going to buy that extra ball of yarn, even if it is a 200 meter ball and there will probably be enough left for a couple of hats.  This extreme gauging of what I have left take a little of the fun out of it.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

'Takes the fun out now but wait until you get it to all work out - then you'll feel fantastic!