Friday 11 July 2014

Arghhhhhh

I love my little red shawl that I am working on.  I really do but it irritates me every time I work on it.  I don't think it is the shawl though.

I think I'm really in sweater mode.  In fact, I think I am really in red sweater mode.  I would knit on that red sweater, but I don't like the way it is going.  

I think I am going to rip what I have done, back and I am going to start again.  I started it bottom up in the round with a cabled edging.  It is a while since I knit a bottom up sweater and I thought it would be fun, but it just doesn't inspire me.  I just don't see how it will look, which is odd, but I am failing to visualize it.  

I also think I am going to go up a needle size or two.  I am using the same needles I used with this yarn before, but I think I am just knitting tighter than I was a few years ago.  I have noticed that a little bit, but it hasn't seemed to get in the way of what I was doing before and what I knew that a yarn I worked with before needed.

Anyway red sweater? History, and begin again.  Ripping and taking apart to rebuild.  I'm kind of looking forward to it.


No comments: