Wednesday 12 February 2014

Here in Sockland

Here in Sockland ...why yes, I am pretty busy knitting socks.

I spent the morning yesterday doing errands, and the afternoon with my knit groups.  As ever, knitting in a group means sock knitting for me.  I debated about tossing in the yellow stripey sock, but I stood my ground with myself and worked on the green and orange pair.
I doubled the second sock in length.  They have decided to be fraternal socks though I was kind of looking forward to being all matchy matchy like the black pair.  There were two knots in the yarn, about 5 metres apart, that took out a rust coloured section and a large part of the green section.  I was surprised on finding knots.  That has been pretty rare in my experience with sock yarn, with all yarn really, but c'est le vie.  I knew the game was up and I am just knitting and not worrying about what is coming next.  Fraternal is good too.  I am going to focus on getting this sock done today.

I also realized that I have to deal with this.
For the life of me, I cannot say why I did not weave the ends in as I worked.  I did on the green pair.  Kind of stupid if I may say so myself.

So there is progress on the sock front here in Sockland, but I am ever watchful for the stupid.  This is me, and oh, it regularly rears it goofy head.
  

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Ever watchful for the stupid. :) Great phrase. One would think one would grow out of it, but it doesn't seem as if we do.