Friday 24 January 2014

Tuckered Out.

By the end of yesterday, the only knitting I did was about a half inch of the red sock.  I had really hoped for more.  

When I got home from my errands, I was wiped out. What I needed was a nice session in my good old knitting chair, and a new movie, or something to really catch my thinking and slow it down.  A nice cup of tea would have been lovely too.  A  hot tub with a really lovely glass of wine would have been another way to go.

It didn't quite go like that either.  

I fell asleep in my chair and that was kind of the way the day ended.  

Today I will do better.  I think I am going to go for a good long soak with my mid morning coffee and then I am going to go sort my bedroom, and I will knit on that pretty green sweater for my daughter in law ( I would really like to finish this one and I am only a third of the way done) and a very pleasing sock that I am working on for myself.  I might even fold my laundry.  And iron.  Now that is a challenge I ought to aim to accomplish.

Tomorrow is soon enough for red socks and other knitting.    

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

I need to iron, too, but I'm giving in to the knitting urge. It's good to get into the greenhouse (not plants, just sorting out tags and taking inventory. It's warm in there when the sun is shining, and I can pretend it's spring. I'm working on a sweater that I'm not enjoying knitting at all, but love the finished product. It's a Philosopher Wool sweater, rustic yarn, and after months of soft fingering my hands don't want to co0operate with even tension.