Monday 16 December 2013

Frankie Brown

There was a fair bit of knitting this past weekend.  I finished the cowl and started another.  Not another brioche cowl, but another cowl.  I would show it to you but it is on the other side of the pile.  In the meantime, let me tell you what I have been up to in between the knitting and the pile.

I spent a little time looking at my pattern highlights on the main pattern page.  and then I ended up favouriting some stuff.  All the stuff belonged to one designer, Frankie Brown.

I don't know if you know about Frankie Brown.  If you aren't prepare to be amazed.

What I have been favoriting is her striking patterns for her Woodland Wreath.  That one pattern is the basic construction.  Each day after, through December, she will be adding another pattern for little bits and pieces to add to your wreath to turn it into a customized masterwork.  Flowers and leaves, and mushrooms and wee creatures of the forest.  All play a part in it so far.

The incredible thing is, that these stunning creations, these interesting little diversions from your regular knitting, the famous 10 stitch pattern,  the Pinwheel Purse, the fantastic amazing shawls.  All these are free.  Frankie asks for only one thing in return.

A donation to a cause dear to her heart, the Children's Liver Disease Foundation in Great Britain.  That is not too much to ask of us in return.

So, in this season of giving, how about making sure to give just a little to places we all know like this?  Tis the season to count our blessings.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Well, I couldn't stop myself from going down that rabbit hole! Those patterns are all wonderful. Thanks for the links!

Sandra said...

I love Frankie's patterns, and her cause, and have big plans for the woodland Wreath - I have it printed, and yarns are being set aside...