Wednesday 11 September 2013

Magic in the Air.

Every morning when I wake up, the first thing I see is the colour of the sky out my window.  The window sits high high above everything else here, so I have no curtains to close the sky from my view.  

At this time of year, when I wake, the sun is only just rising  and the sky is soft cerulean blue.  It is the prettiest of sky colours and this morning there was naught to disturb it, but for one narrow high swath of a single planes contrail flaring brilliant scarlet across the sky.

I watched it till the pink scattered and the cerulean was softened and mellowed.

I think I am going to put on my cozy morning sweater and take my mug of coffee and go sit on the front porch swing for a while. Its the perfect morning to soak in the magic of it all, isn't it?  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree and soak up some magic for me too since at that time in the morning I am hustling a little sweetie out the door

Brendaknits said...

Perfect idea. Especially this time of year when mornings of that kind are numbered.