Wednesday 29 May 2013

While waiting for a Waterman

I was going to have help with the garden today and while waiting, I kept busy knitting on the Icelandic Overblouse.

I am deep into overblouse territory, even if I have given myself permission to start as many new things as I need to.  Is it possible that I haven't felt like buying yarn?  naaaaaaahhhh  Does it mean I feel like knitting wool?  So it seems.  It is chilly.  Or at least, not warm.

I did spend a fair bit of time with the overblouse.  It is garter stitch.  There are only two places where I have to do something.  There is a lot of time to think.  And I am.

About garter stitch. And how from the change to the lighter gray, I have to knit 40 ridges and will bind off on the 41st ridge.  And how on the way through those 40 ridges I will be adding 4 stitches every ridge.  I calculated that from where I was with my already long rows,  I would be adding 120 more stitches...

...

I tried to stop thinking after that.

Edited to add a link for anyone who wants it:

Knit Lab 2013

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Oh My Gosh! You are going to California!!! Lucky you.