Wednesday 24 April 2013

Some things are done!

I would like to run around and declare shenanigans!  Or commit them!

The puppets are very very close to done.

The oldest two, the ones based on a sock pattern, are ready to go.

I spent a lot of time sorting out her hair, the bangs in particular, but like everything knitting, you want to know it, you check Ravelry.  There is a toy group and that led me to some great doll hair tutorials.
 And this guy.  I have debated making his rill larger, but I kind of like it this way too.
 His eyes worked out so cool.  The base of his eyes sit right where the heel sort of puffs up above your hand.  He looks perfect.
And these guys.  Not done, but I know what I have to do, and even better, I know how I am going to get there.  

It feel pretty darn good to have something finished.  I love that. And now, I can justly move on to that cool project that my daughter wants for Sweet Thing.  

I'm moving from puppets to bead making.  But not till the weekend. The weekend is soon enough.

3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

What a great job you did! I love making toys - such a fun break from garments!

Sandra said...

those are so cool! What a great gift for some lucky kids!

Brendaknits said...

Definitely so cool. I am not much of a toy knitter, so am even more impressed with the toys others knit..