Tuesday 15 January 2013

Miles of comfort.

My knitting right now isn't very exciting.  The sweater might be if I felt like knitting it right now, but it is still on a time out.  It broke my heart with its sleeve problem.  I'm sure I will fall in love with it again.  It is awfully pretty and so much of it is done.

So I am working on the Bridgewater shawl, which is garter stitch.  Garter stitch, garter stitch and more comforting garter stitch.

This picture has decided to go waterfall, but you can still see that it becoming large.  Not overly so.  I still have a long way to go before I am at the proscribed 205 stitches, but it is already longer than the 32 inch needles.

Because I am knitting a lot of rows of garter stitch, I decided that I would mark it into groups of 20.  There isn't much point in knitting more than one must.  Well, unless I decide that the quantity of yarn means this shawl should be larger.  I haven't quite decided that yet, but I might go larger by 2 of the lace pattern repeats on the lace border.  Or maybe one.   I like garter stitch, and garter stitch is so comfortable, but I am not crazy.

Or maybe I am.  

No comments: