Wednesday 17 October 2012

Wibbly Wobbly

I'm running late today.  

There was an accident on the way to work and traffic was down to 1 lane where it should have been 3.  It took me 15 minutes to go a block.  Then I arrived at work and someone had taken the coffee from the kitchen.  

You see how this day is trending?  Yeah.

I am still in knitting's doldrums.  I am working on the Daybreak shawl, and it is going well.  I've just gotten to the part where I have to start colour 2.  Now that I am here, I might go back and take off the last two rows and start colour 2 just a wee bit earlier, since I want the red to be the yarn making the strong colour lines down the shawl.  I am postive it is my indecision making me feel so wibbly about this shawl after thinking about it for so long.

Wibbly.  That is my word of the day.  Wobbly.  Always a good supporting cast.

But it is knitting night and though I did not expect to be making it, the work was finished last night, and I will be able to. I will either like the shawl or not, in which case, I shall just take it apart and make a wee baby candy corn hat out of the orange and the yellow.  I have found a white that is a perfect weight match.  It even is fuzzy. These are the good in all of it.

Maybe the morning isn't a sign of the way the day is trending.  Maybe I won't have to put this day in the corner to think about it for a while.  Maybe, I just need a couple more cups of mild mood enhancing beverage and everything will be just fine.
  
Wibbly wobbly or not.  And some pretty music to settle in while waiting.


Samuel Barber, fast becoming one of my favourite composers.


No comments: