Friday 5 October 2012

The big rip

In the end, ripping out was the smart thing to do, and that is what I did. I hope I have it right this time because after what feels like very little knitting, I am almost back to where I was.  

This sticky grabby yarn knits fast.  You never have to fight the yarn to stay on the needle.  It always seems to have the decency to wait for whatever you are going to do with it.  

So when I ripped back it didn't surprise me to find that the error was a dropped stitch, nor did it surprise me (well maybe a little) that after all the mangling I did trying to find the error, that the stitch was sitting right there waiting for me to pop it back on.  

Anyway, if there is any justice in this universe, I will get this shawl done this weekend.  I'm not holding out for too much knitting time though.  I have a date with carrots and parsnips on Saturday, and I have the family coming for a thanksgiving dinner on Monday.  I also have to block the shawl, weave in the end I found on that lovely Shetland Shawl I finished many months ago, and block the Adrift sweater I knit for my daughter in law.  And in a perfect world, I would get the wee baby bunting bag done too.

It has been a momentous week in the households near and dear to Chez Needles and we are all very thankful for that.  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I am catching up on my reading after a few days off for turkey etc. As always I start at the top of the page which means I read the posts in reverse order. Your first mention of baby and I squeeled - oh she must have had the baby. So I kept scrolling down, down, down - and there she is. Looks like a knitter to me. Congratulations!!!