Friday 19 October 2012

And then.

I feel much more motivated, but I still have the same problem.  What to cast on next.  There are two batches of yarn that I sit looking at, at home, going back and forth between them.  (There are a few more but these are the two that speak to me the loudest)

One of them is some very plain black heathered gray and light heathered grey Cascade 220.  There isn't enough of any one of them to make something but together?  Should be.  

Then there are 6 skeins of Briggs and Little Sport that I anxiously waited for in the spring.  Such yummy stuff, Sheep's gray is what they call it, but it is a cross between gray and brown and tan, just the most wonderfully earthy sort of not really a colour.  I don't have any really solid pattern or style plans for this, just a hint of what I would like it to be.  I hate that.

I know the pattern for the Cascade.  I think I'm going to cast on for Elizabeth Zimmermann's Icelandic Overblouse.    There are all kinds of versions.  MrsDoodlepunks is most like in the book, but I think I'm going to aim for the one made by darkaknits.  I only have one skein of the lightest of the 3 colours.  I will definitely do this sort of look if I knit from the bottom up.  If I knit from the top down though, I would just knit till the lightest was done and move on.  

And see that is the kicker.  Bottom up?  Top down?  Not sure which. And garter stitch?  Generally a back and forth operation.  So in the round, garter stitch or is this knitter going to actually make a sweater knit flat?

Decisions, decisions.  

Oh yeah, and sometime soon I ought to cast on for the colourwork vest I have been planning forever and ever.  Its chilly in here.

No comments: