Wednesday 5 September 2012

Once in a Blue Moon

You know how every once in a blue moon, you come across something so perfect that you can't hardly breathe.
Blue Moon was Friday.  

And so it is with my knitting.  I knew it was good.  I knew I liked it on me.  But now that it is almost finished blocking, oh my.

I've put sweaters on my dress form before and been very very happy, but this one?  

This one is me.  It is exactly right.  The colour.  The general simple sweater shape.  The wide bands.  The collar. The way it flops open.   The way it stands up at the back.  The custom fit (though you can't see that on the dummy).


This is what I knit for.  This is what I have been wanting to get to since I was that little girl sitting by my aunties shoulder watching her work. 

And then there are some very very awesome buttonholes, if I do say so myself.  This last one is almost perfection.  You can just barely see where it sits among the rib.  

Not everything is just how I wanted it.  My contiguous increases still show a little more than I wanted.  It will be an easy thing to close them up with a little duplicate stitching.  I might, but wearing it his way is fine too. 


I still have buttons to find.  I have 3 here at home that are perfect, but there are 5 button holes.  I'm hoping to find something similar atthe fabric store.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

I had another post all ready for you this morning but that one will wait.  I knew you wanted to see this one more.  And so did I.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I am so in love with this sweater. IT is the sophiscated ructic-ness that appeals, I think. YOur box of corn looks great too. What will you do with it?