Tuesday 4 September 2012

One done, another on its way

I finished up the very very pretty Undercurrent.  Well, my version of this design anyway. I am so very pleased.  The colours remind me of a much worn multi colour jacket I had eons ago.  Its comfy and cozy and feels so very very good.  I think I did just the right thing with the sleeve lengths.  It is blocking right now and I need some buttons, but it is done and almost ready to wear.

Once the knitting was done, it was a little disheartening to have to weave in all the ends.  I used just shy of 3 balls of the Mulespinner, and a little less than 2 and a half of the Sillver Thaw, so there just shouldn't be this many ends, but the first ball of Noro went laceweight thin so often, I could have cried.  Add in a few knots on both of these handspun effect yarns, and know that it took several hours to weave in the ends.  Still once that job was done, I recovered my good feelings about jacket and yarn and am liking it again.

Because there just can't be more than a moment without a sweater on the go, I had to cast another on.  It isn't what I plannned, but the Noro-Mulespinner sweater and a little something I saw online inspired me.

More about that one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

that's the start of a contiguous sleeve...