Friday 7 September 2012

EEEeeeeeeee

Sometimes I feel like the world is spinning around me out of control and the only thing I can do is go eeeeeeeeee.  I think it is just too much stuff coming too fast.  

As one of my favourite Ravelers said the other day, 

"You know, I really wish we could reverse the whole growing/harvesting thing. By the time fall comes around, I’m sick of gardening…sorta’…and am busy getting ready for school…well, sorta’…and really don’t have time or inclination to spend hours in the garden or over the hot stove!"

Oh Annja, I do so agree.  My kitchen is filled with stuff to process and my freezer is full and I really don't know where I am going to put it all.  Thankfully, I have a weekend coming up and I will have to get the freezer in order, because I'd like to get things organized for when the root veggies are ready to be picked.

And that is going to happen soon enough.

In between there is always the knitting.  The knitting keeps me sane.  I do have those little obsessive bits where the knitting may in fact be making me batty, but mostly, knitting is the sane place.

I started another project this morning.  I know, I know.  But this one is important to me.  As a young mum trying her best to breastfeed, the hardest part was trying to do so when out and about.  It was the dawn of when breastfeeding was OK to do in public, but there was just nothing available to wear that you felt comfortable in, without carrying along extra blankets, extra clothes, extra extra extra.  I saw Adrift and knew that kind of sweater would be perfect for wearing when when nursing in public.  Those long draping fronts would be just right for covering baby, and still keep mum looking stylish when not nursing.

I had lots of silvery gray Woobu left from my Folklore sweater, and with the addition of a skein of Woobu in In the Navy, a silvery soft dusty blue, and a plan for nice wide stripes, a little math, a few prayers and I am hoping to knit a reasonable facsimile that will still keep the drape and give mum and sweet wee thing just a little more ease and comfort when they are out and about.

It will be my unthinking knitting.  All my thinking has to go into that shawl I showed yesterday.  Here is hoping there is enough time for both.  Mamma from Ukraine's arrival date is sneaking up on me fast.  

No comments: