Tuesday 14 August 2012

Pink Things

I'm sitting here feeling just a little odd.  I know I have no reason to feel this way, heaven knows there are enough things to do, but I feel just a little bereft.  I always feel this way when a big project is done.  

Yes.  A big project is done.  The pink Gregale sweater is done.  

I picked it up yesterday and worked on the sleeve over my lunch hour.  I was down to 6 rows and the bind off so I did that quick last night.  The first thing I like to do when I've put that last stitch in is to try it on.  

I love it.  But I am unsure of it.  I've been wondering if a tunic is a good idea for a large short person who carries the weight at the hips.  And lower if the truth be known.  I knew that I had to knit at least to my widest point and I worried that doing so would swamp me.  And yet, I could see me looking very elegant in it, worn with a nice straight skirt or trim pair of pants.  In my minds eye I always look elegant and crisp.  But I am also know that my minds eye can lie like a sun of a gun.   

This sweater makes me feel good and that is my usual standard for if something is right.  I have come to trust it and ignore all the rules of shoulda woulda coulda.  And yet...  
 If it looks right in other eyes, I might be very interested in knitting more tunics while tunics are in fashion.  If not, I'd rather know.  So, please do advise.  You all have better eyes than I.



  

1 comment:

Sandra said...

it's a lovely sweater. It needs a blocking or a steaming, and I think that will even it out, and smooth things a bit. It may even add an inch or two in length which would be fine. THe colour is gorgeous, and looks phenomenal with the trim black skirt.
This is a win in my eyes.
And I too always see myself as trim and stylish, and I am so NOT!