Monday 13 August 2012

A workman like weekend.

Once I knew pea picking was done for the season (and it is) I realized I still had 2 good weekend days to try to finish my shawl.  Saturday morning, I sat down and started to knit.  For some reason what was happening on the ends of my shawl, wasn't the same.  That was bad.  A little forensic work and I found an error midway through chart 2.  That means that there was no possible way that I was going to finish it as part of the Ravellenic Games WIP Wrestling event. I hate that, but now that there isn't any rush, I can go back and redo it right.  

So I spent my time working on the wee top to go with the wee jeans.  This was right before I tossed it in the wash to shrink it.  And do you see that nice orange ribbon above it?  That was part what wrapped together the pretty fabrics that I showed you just the other day.  It is the perfect colour for this project.  The wee jacket will tie.  No buttons.  


and from the garden.


I did not gather this.  Mr. Needles did, but I cooked and cleaned vegetables and prepared them for freezing to beat 90 this weekend.  

So I guess you could say, since it wasn't a lace weekend, that it was a workman like weekend.  Jeans, garden stuff, a little on a mitten.  

There is just one more piece of knitting to finish before baby comes and that is the wee white t-shirt for baby to wear with the jeans.  And when that is done, the very stunning Icicle shawl to finish before my daughter in laws mom comes for a visit.

No comments: