Monday 21 May 2012

Tired but rewarded

I am tired.  To the bone tired.  But I know that in a few weeks I will reap rewards amply.  If the weather is good that is. 

We put lettuce, radishes and carrots in one evening last week.  Then we put in a few rows of peas.  Then on Saturday we finished up the peas, put in the corn.  We did something else but I don't remember.  I know that yesterday we planted dozens of things.  I really don't remember it all, but I know there was roots of all kinds.  And potatoes.  Tons and tons of potatoes.  

We have a little more to do before it is completely done.  Today we have some rhubarb to put in, some raspberries to fill in spots where last years did not come back, a couple of blueberry bushes to try, and some strawberries to move.  If it all goes well, I would love to move a few roses and the lone Saskatoon bush that made it through.  

I am tired but Mr. Needles does all the hard stuff.  I know that I could not do a lot of this without him.   He does the digging and gets the water to the garden. He is working things up and does it all in very straight rows.  He is tuckered and done. 

It needs to be said.  The farm would not be any fun at all without him. 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I wish we had the space and the sunlight for that kind of expanse. Suburban yard, and tall cedar hedges mean out veggie growing plot is a compact little area.