Tuesday 22 May 2012

Ack!!!!!!

I've got the blue sweater done but for the finishing and the finishing

is going to take a while.  This is 1 full ball all around the neck and botton edges and it has taken hours to knit.  (Well not that many but it sure feels like hours)

All of this edging will be folded back and sewn to make a flashy little lining.  I don't have enough of the blue to do it in blue and the brown is not quite right to have it really show off.  As a lining, though, well it makes me think of years and years ago, when Merv Griffin would flash his suit jacket lining off to his viewers.  It will just be a quiet sort of flash as I walk and move through my day.

The last time I tried it on, the sleeves seemed wrong.  I don't know if it is that they are truly wrong or if it just the time in all my projects where I am convinced that I have knit the ugliest thing known to mankind.  

What I am not looking forward to is that if I have to reknit, I have to take all the brown edging off.  Common sense tells me to take the brown off and try it on again and if it needs fixing, to fix it. 

I'm just going to keep working on it.  Another row or two and I can pin this mile of brown edging back and then find every needle of length in the house and see how it fits with and edging and the finished details attached.  Details can make a big difference to the way it hangs and fits.  

So onward to what might very well be futility.  

2 comments:

Sandra said...

ZI know that feeling. I'm hoping yours turns out better than mine did! (BUt I then went on to some great successes, so have hope!)

Brendaknits said...

You flasher you! I like the colour. Much better to have a bright contrast.