Wednesday 23 May 2012

Misbegotten

If this doesn't look misbegotten, 

I don't know what does.  The neckline hangs funny.  The sleeves look goofy.  The shoulders are square.  It droops.  This is why finishing was created!

I think it will be ok and what isn't ok, I think I can adjust.  

The problem is the sleeves.  As I was knitting the sleeves, there should be a point about 2/3 of the way down the armscyce, where I stop increasing.  I didn't.  So the sleeves are a little wide.  I think I can tuck in enough fabric on the sleeves that it will be fine.  Two small seams in an otherwise seamless garment.  

This sort of adjustment isn't for this morning.   It for a good fresh brain ready to tackle a little innovation.  

Once the sleeve adjustment is done, there is a small matter of the fancy schmancy hem trim and a little blocking to sort out its current oddities and we are good to go.

I am really looking forward to this.  I have a wee blanket made from this yarn that has been more often a shoulder cosy than blanket.  Thing is, it has been washed and machine dried several times, and it is just a great fabric. 

I know how this yarn performs, I know how it feels, and I know how it drapes.  Everything here was done  taking these things into account. I can't wait to be able to wear it!


2 comments:

Brendaknits said...

The term small world applies to knitting blogs too apparently. I just read The Rainey Sisters post and it is about the same thing. A FO that didn't turn out as expected but that can be fixed. Good luck with yours. Please post aobut the 'fix' when you have it done.

Anonymous said...

That will be a very nice garment. GD