Thursday 5 April 2012

5 before I am done.

I finished the second of the striped socks very very early yesterday morning. As I was finishing, I thought about the next thing to knit and all I could think about was a certain sock yarn with green stripes that I bought not so very long ago.  

So I picked it out of the cube I store sock yarns in and looked at it while casting off.  Somewhere between finishing the striped socks and getting ready for work I knit the toe and a few rounds of the foot.

At lunch I found a sunny place to park my car, and had my lunch and knit.  (In my car because though the sun had plenty of warmth, the wind was a little cool for knitting in the open in the sun.)

And then it was knit night.

I've got 8 or so rounds before I switch to the ribbing.  I figure I will have it done before I leave for work.  I doubt that I will be able to knit the toe of sock 2 this morning, but I will try.

Some people might find it dull, this sock knitting extravaganza of mine, but oh my, sitting here knitting it, having it happen in my hands, watching it grow, is anything but.  Only a non sock knitter would find it dull. Well, to be truthful, them and the whole non-knitting world.  But sitting here in my chair, its mystical and magical and compelling. 

I guess that is why I keep knitting and why I keep knitting simple socks.  I still feel like I did when I picked up my sticks and knit my first pair.  I am instantly transported back to the swing, knitting and giggling at the wonder of turning that first heel.  

Yes.  5 before I am done.  Magic. Just magic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got back in swing of things. Nice. GD