Sunday 4 March 2012

It seems so long

Friday seems like so long ago.  There was a lot of knitting happening here over the last few days.  I think I will start where I finished, on the sweater.

I'm hoping you can see the difference in the photos.  The sleeve, to the left in the photo, is knit on 4 mm needles.  It is from the original work.  I don't know why, perhaps it is that there is no wool in this yarn, but my knitting was very firm.  It looked all right, and I would have left it if not for the simple fact that I was knitting much more tightly than the gauge I planned the sweater around.  



The new gauge on 4.5 is much nicer, just  to the right, a little looser, and there will now be some ease in the sweater.  I suspect the way he likes his clothes, some ease is going to be important.  He is a casual sort of fella.


I'm pretty pleased with how far I have come over the weekend.  It shouldn't take too long to get back to the collar split again.  And from there, just a bit of knitting to go to the underarms.  

There was other knitting, relief knitting from all that stockinette and the firm feel of high cotton percentage yarns.

The last ball of my slinky chunky Misti Alpaca.  I was 3/4 done another scarf, when it occurred to me that the perfect thing for a gorgeous yarn stuck in a project bad project, would be Brioche stitch something.  And so it came to be.  A nice slippy buttery good yarn rich with the depth and life of basic Brioche stitch with buttons from the button box.  It will make someone warm some day.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I am all about the relief knitting this winter too. I can't seem to focus on my big projects long enough to get anything complted.