Friday 2 March 2012

Being good

At the end of a week, where I have been fairly wishy washy about what I really wanted to knit, I am feeling settled again.

I really wanted to get the Lilia Hyrna shawl done, but I am not ready to find out where my screw up is.  I worked on the socks and though it is an interesting way to knit a heel, it isn't holding my interest.  My mind wanted to be elsewhere.  OK, I admit it.  I wanted to be knitting that pretty green.

I decided to pull back a sweater so it was ready to knit.  If that didn't settle me, I planned to wind yarn.  Laceweight.  Yup.  I was ready to pull out the big guns.

I didn't have to.  
Once I was working on the sweater, it started feeling right.  I settled and then, once it was all pulled apart, started knitting on it again.  A little diligence and I will be back where I was before Christmas in short order.  Son 2 should be getting his present before Easter.  

1 comment:

Christine said...

I just had to tell you that I had a credit card accident on the Nordic Store site this afternoon and somehow managed to order enough Lopi for that tea cozy in the Lopi 24 that I've wanted to make for ages. Two skeins of einband slipped into the order too, because I had room for 100g more yarn before the shipping price went up to the next level. I had to tell someone who'd understand!! :-)