Thursday 1 March 2012

And so it grows.

Some things just happen.

I spent some time wandering in yarn store yesterday.  There were so many pretty things to reacquaint myself with.

Some managed to follow me home.  One of the things that managed to follow me home was a very pretty ball of Zauberball Starke 6, a sportweight version of one of my favourite pretty things.

I've worked with this weight of Zauber goodness before on my Purple Haze shawl.

It is completely possible that I love the sportwieght version of Zauberball Crazy even more than the regular fingering weight version.

The Starke 6 (at the back) was welcomed by two balls of the same colourway of the regular weight of Zauberball Crazy.  (It is a good thing I like all Zauberball, isn't it?)

I have a thing for this colour palette too.  If you recall this wee project?  Turquoise blues and bright apple greens.  Magic!

Though I would have preferred the comfort of two balls for what I have in mind, one was better than none.  A little something else to hold the worry of running out of yarn at bay, followed him home.  

 A couple balls of a perfectly matching fingering weight apple green.  For what I plan, and for the way I hope to use it, the small difference in weight, shouldn't matter.  And, the green really is just the back up plan.  

A two ball back up plan?  Two balls because if I don't need it for this project, I might as well have enough for a decent pair of socks. 

And so a mighty stash grows.   

2 comments:

Sandra said...

the two ball back up makes perfect sense to me. It may also explain why my stash is spilling out of it's room...

Brendaknits said...

Your shawls are lovely. Beauitiful colours.