Monday 20 February 2012

NOT Shalom

It is finished, even the buttons, but I needed to think about something different this weekend.  And I did.


Friday night, after finishing Shalom, I went digging in the yarn stash. I had no idea what to knit.  I only knew I wasn't ready to commit to something from the WIP basket. Digging through yarn struck me as the perfect task.

I opened every box and fondled every skien.  Well at least one of every colour, but I went through everything.  I wasn't tremendously inspired by anything.  

I didn't finish the digging till noon Saturday and by then, inspiration did strike but it really wasn't my ordinary project and it wasn't just one thing.  

I will start with something that I showed you just after Christmas.  One of my boys, my youngest, gave me a few balls of yarn for Christmas.  You may remember this.  

See that brilliant turquoise Tove and the multi coloured Wadaiko?  As I was digging I rediscovered   

two balls of perfectly colour matched 2 ply from Custom Woolen Mills.  I finally knew what the bright skein of Wadaiko and the Tove would be.  A felted bag.

It is bright and eye popping and I love it.  

The perfect thing at the end of a couple of nice but staid projects.  Perfect for midwinter blahs.  

But there was much, much more knitting this weekend.  Stay tuned.

No comments: