Thursday 16 February 2012

Inches and Sleeves

The last 2 days have been days of inches and finishing the bottom of Shalom.  This next day or so will be a days of sleeves.  Or not.

The main part is complete.  I just need to do a little finishing around the sleeves.

The pattern binds off the stitches that are left for the sleeve caps and do a good sturdy cast on for the underarm stitches.  It makes a nice open summery sleeve. 

The other popular option is to pick up the stitches for the sleeve caps (on holders, not bound off) and pick up stitches at the underarm and knit a ribbed section to form short little sleeves.  It might be a little closer to seasonal wear and has more of a finished look.  

I like both.  I have no idea which I will do but I am leaning towards the small sleeves.  I also know how lazy I am, and if lazy wins, I will just pick up stitches and make a nice finished garter edge and bind off.

I won't knit this evening.  There is time tomorrow.  And this weekend is the family day weekend so its nice and long.  And this time I have no where to go and nothing to do.  I might cook for the kids but otherwise lovely knitting, knitting and more knitting.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Shalom is lookin' good. I envy your long weekend plans. A month ago I invited my two sisters and their husbands for the long weekend. It sounded like a good idea at the time. Today as I cook and clean, I wonder. I am already looking forward to Sunday evening and my alone knitting time.