Thursday 26 January 2012

Content

Did I mention that I love garter stitch?  

The ladies at knit night do.  I think I mentioned it.  Maybe once or twice.  

And I am just about to move on to the final colour on my garter stitch shawl.  I cannot say enough, I love garter stitch.  

And I am quite sure I am smitten by the colour changes and the minimal stripes.  

I have made a few decisions for this last section.  As soon as I am done the colour striping section, another 3 1/2 rows, I will knit it onto many needles, so that I can lay it out and see if I have the width I want and need.  If it is wide enough, the white will be knit without increasing on the edges.  If it needs more, I guess I will keep increasing.

I won't do any lace on the edging. I will have a bit of each colour left, so I think at the end of the white, I am going to knit 1 garter ridge of each colour from white, moving to the darkest of the grays.  Dark edges give the piece some defiinition and weight and give the most sound edging for what is a pretty prosaic wrap.  A wrap such as this needs a sound,simple edging with just a dash of character.  

So, here is to sound simple edgings with a dash of character. In garter stitch.  

I am content.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love garter stitch as much as you - and found this on Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wingspan-2
(search Wingspan in patterns). It's a scarfy shawl like thing all in garter! heaven!