Thursday 19 January 2012

But that was not all!

Oh no.  There was more.  As good as the shipment in which I talk myself into buying St. Denis Boreale, was It was not the only exciting thing that arrived yesterday. 

There was a little yarn, Palette from Kniticks, but Palette with a purpose.  I plan to use it for mittens and hats and other good thing in this year of colourwork.  Only it was not the yarn I craved.  It was the rest.

Here is the rest.



Knitpicks is once again having a 40% off book sale.  It goes for a little bit yet, if I recall correctly.  Very good value especially when you know you want the books anyway.

I had my eye on the Alice Starmore from the moment I heard about it pre-publication.  It is everything I hoped.  Following Alice down a path?  What a wonderful way to go.

I read some very good things about Mary Jane Muckletone's book, 200 Fair Isles Motifs.  The colour samples are wonderful.  Without the sale I probably would have left it on the shelf, but I am really pleased to have it.

And the last, the delicious Norwegian Mittens and Gloves.  Annemor Sundbo.  Sigh.  It is the true gem of the bunch.  It was unexpected.  I read about it only the day before I ordered it.  It was a complete impulse buy and I love it.  The mix of history and mittens and patterns and warm charm.  It is a gem.  If you love knitting traditions and like a mix of history and knitting, you will love this book.

January has been a month of good things.  Now I need to settle down and knit and make some of the fantastic things in the pages of these and the other good books and magazines that have come to me this month.  

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Palette is wonderful for colourwork - I used for mitts and for my son's hat, and it's perfect - great colours, just enough stickiness that I feel colourwork needs.
Great books!

Brendaknits said...

My Goodness! You did treat yourself. Lots of happy reading time this winter for you.

Brendaknits said...

PS. Take a look here - http://knittingrobin.blogspot.com/2012/01/interview-withmary-jane-mucklestone.html
An interview with Mary Jane.