Friday 26 August 2011

Dear Cascade 220 Heathers 2448

Dear Cascade 220 Heathers 2448

I can link to you here and you look fine, sitting there at the end of the second row of colours.  But you look a little pale a little too teal.  

I can add a picture taken this morning 

but you look a little gray and weak.  If I didn't know better, I'd worry that you need dying.

How can I explain the intensity of you, the purple garnet violet-ness of you?  How can I tell people about those tiniest flashes of dark turquoise that aren't hardly there?  How can I explain that the blue of you really just is the bare bones?

I guess the only way I can explain my sudden deep desire to have you, to pet you, is the knit you.  I don't see that as a bad thing, but do you have to speak so loudly?  You are the new kid here.  Wait your turn.  The other yarn is starting to get just a little miffed.

Thank you


PS.  If anybody around the city needs some good fall yarn, you cannot go wrong with Cascade 220.  I have it on good authority that River City has their fall shipment in and they have all of the heathers and a heap of the plain too. I am not so sure if the ladies have it all ready to go on the sale floor.  I am reporting as an interested observer only.  

I can tell you this now, because well I like you all, and I already have my share of 2448. Too bad for you.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Cascade 220 is the workhorse, the go-to arn when worsted is needed. And the heathers are fabulous.