Friday 29 July 2011

Tiny drops of rain

I woke early this morning and listened to the rain for a while.  I love the sound of rain outside my windows.  With the sound of rain outside my windows, I know that there is no chance of getting to the garden today.  SO...

Today should be a day of getting stuff bits of stuff done.  The knitting is done on my last sweater.  Steeking could happen today.   There is a swatch of corrugated ribbing to be knit and a practice zipper to install - practice for the zipper I want to put into the Lichen vest.  

But instead of those things, this morning, for a couple of hours at least, I have promised myself that I am going to spin.  

I am now working on the second box of that nice warm gold/brown/green/rose fibre and as nice as it is, I can't wait till the spinning is done and it is all plied up.  Surely such a pretty thing will be magic.    
  
Here at home my spinning wheel sits in front of the big window downstairs.  Listening to the sound of the rain drops falling and the wind rustling the leaves of the trees outside my window is the perfect accompaniment for spinning.  

No comments: