Monday, 25 July 2011

Time for socks.

At the beginning of this year, one of my resolutions was a pair of socks per month.  I did a pretty good job right up to Mays socks.  I finished all the old ones I had in the WIP basket and made one new one per month. Then I realized my sock drawer was filled when all the laundry was clean (who knew that would ever happen).  And so, I stopped worrying about socks.  Mays brilliant red are half done.

Then, the other day, I had the very strong urge for socks.  It has been too long.

  Mr. Needles could use a few more pairs.  Plain ordinary socks.  Manly colour. Perfect for a break. 

As you can see, this has a garter square toe.  I have done this a few times now and I really like the fit of this but none of the pairs I have made for Mr. Needles have had it.  We'll see if he likes it.

It is the start to a busy week.  With luck I will get in the garden today to do a little maintenance. With even more luck, I will have a chance to do another couple of days of maintenance (that sounds so much nicer than catch up weeding, doesn't it).  I'm hoping to get to the gray sweater finished this week and I am hoping to crank out this pair of socks.  

Off and running...

No comments: