Thursday 21 July 2011

Flower days

This morning I woke just as the sun caught a spire of fireweed in the big hillside bed behind my house.  I started thinking about all the tall flowers and went out to take some pictures.  

My pictures are pallid and vapid and don't even begin to come close to what is out there.  Mr. Needles, on the other hand, takes magnificent vibrant photos. I'm not sure what he does, but they shine true.   So I am going to skip showing you mine and am just going to show you some of the grandness as captured by Mr. Needles.
















  


OK, there are a few of mine in there, but only because he hasn't taken flower pictures this week and there are a few new things blooming.  

Of all of these, the rose at the very top, that creamy white open single rose is my favourite.  Its an old rose, found in a tangle near an old house at a friends place.  We've had it for several years and moved it last year.  It likes its new home and gave a grand display.  

No comments: