Wednesday 20 July 2011

Up next

Since I am currently knitting up what I ripped back on the sweater and since you already saw a picture of its grey silvery beauty knit into a lot of stockinette, its time to think about something different.

When I was in Saskatoon earlier this year, I stopped at Prairie Lily and found the loveliest Drops Lin,a pure linen.  I'm not sure if I showed you photos of it, but it is really nice stuff.   (I'll link it instead.)  I have two skeins of white and one each of the soft dusty blue and black.

My intention is to turn it into a nice little shawl called the Holden Shawlette  There are so many really pretty ones on Ravelry.  Mine will be white for the body and one repeat of the lace, then one lace repeat in blue and one on black with a bind off in white.  This is the plan.  We shall see if this plan is going to...well...go to plan.

But first, I must finish the sweater.  I hope to get a lot done, though I doubt that I will get it as long as I need it to be.  I just don't think my hands are up to that but it is easy knitting and slightly hypnotic.  You never know how far you can go.


 

No comments: