Tuesday 14 June 2011

Desultory

Or maybe not desultory.  Maybe it is more disconnected, or busy, or heartsick, or not having long enough to sit still and get down to colourwork?  I don't know. I knit only a very, very little yesterday.  A few rows on an edging.  A few rows on a scarf.  

It might be more of the same today.  The garden gets first dibs on my time.  I should be weeding, but there is a soft rain falling here at home.  I'm heading up to the farm first thing and I'm praying that we have some rain there too.  Right now I need the rain more than I need the weeding done.   

Should it be raining up there (crossing fingers, crossing toes) I am planning on scooting home to knit my heart out.   I would go in to my knit group, but my FIL is here for the week, and I don't want to abandon him.  Of course, he may want me to abandon him so he can have a nice long nap!

If I am lucky, if the stars be with me, I'll have lots of quiet time to knit.  Knitting a good long while will shake out all the clutter from my head and my heart.  Knitting for a good long while will put the universe back on its axis.   

Here is to hoping.  Here is to keeping my fingers crossed.  Here is to a lovely day.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm hoping that when your universe is back on axis, mine will be too. It's got to get better, right?