Oh wait, I didn't talk about that did I. Yes, the pesky connectors on the Knit Picks needles would not stay closed, no matter what I did and as I knit the other evening, the needles split and mangled the yarn so much that it chewed right through the yarn. I'm going to have to take some time and look carefully at that set of tips and that cable and see if there is some sort of damage causing it.
I put the knitting on a different set of needles and the work is safe.
I'm still just letting it happen without a whole lot of thinking, and so far it seems to be good. There doesn't seem to be any residual damage from bad needles. Here is hoping none shows up as it is worn!
I also turned heels on the March sock. Not long now till that sock is done. It is distressingly far into April though, so I know that even on the plain ones that follow, there is going to have to be serious butt busting effort to get caught up.
In a roundabout way, that is what I was meaning to write about today: That finally, it feels like there is forward movement in my work. It feels like something is being accomplished.
I haven't done any knitting on the biggie blanket for a few days, the tops were not moving, the socks were not moving...everything felt very stalled. Everything was just hanging, waiting, on edge, but never falling over, slipping out, never ever moving. Not stuck exactly, just not moving. Maybe it is a spring thing, but I just needed something to happen. Finally it has and it seems to be sound.
This weekend, the knitting is going to be all about that beastie blankie. I really really want to get it done. The only thing better than feeling some advancement in projects, is finishing.